Ask an expert

03 Feb 2013

gluten/yeast sensitivity
what tests should I request to positively determine above sensitity?
Answer 287 views

01 Jan 0001


If your doctor has ruled out celiac disease and wheat allergy, gluten sensitivity can be considered. If you lack HLA-DQ2 and DQ8, the suspision for gluten sensitivity can be ruled out. If your anti-gliadin antibodies are raised and you find relief of your symptoms when following a gluten free diet, you are suffering from gluten sensitivity. Yeast and amylase allergies will first have to be ruled out and I therefore, suggest that you consult an allergy specialist for the necessary tests.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9520 votes
69% - 20870 votes