Ask an expert

05 Oct 2009

Hair loss
Hi. I wonder if you can advise me. I am 23 years ols and am battling with thinning hair and hair loss. is there anything that you could suggest. a blood test several years ago revealed that my level of testosterone is higher than usual for a female. my hairline is receding - the hair on my hairline is thin and my forehead looks huge because of this. much thanks.
Answer 369 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Liz
It may help if you take an antidandrogenic contraceptive like Diane 35. Discuss with your doctor? You also need to have yourself tested for Cushing/Conn syndrome and Polycystic ovarian syndrome and your thyroid also needs to be checked.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9365 votes
67% - 19352 votes