Ask an expert

14 Aug 2011

I''m a fairly healthy 48yr old female. After a scary dizzy few moments in a shop, I have this severe headache jus above my left eye. A throbbing constant pain in my forehead making my eye jump. This has been constant and ongoing for 3 weeks. Pain meds relieve the pain for couple hours. I have had my BP checked twice and both times it was normal. My GP just told me to come back if it ges worse or persists. What do I do? Thank you
Answer 344 views

01 Jan 0001


I think that you should reconsult your GP as soon as possible to get a referral to a neurologist. It can be an a-typical migraine type headache or a chronic persistant headache due to vascular spasm.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9442 votes
68% - 20054 votes