Ask an expert

07 Aug 2008

Hearing loss
Hi all, My dad was struck by a lighning 20 years, as he gets older he is experiencing hearing difficulties. Kindly advice on what to do or any recommendation on reasonable hearing aids. I have already posted to the hearing loss forum but have not received any response.

Thank you
Answer 347 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Blessed
The best option would be for him to go to an audiologist to have a full hearing test and to see where the problem lies and whether a hearing aid will help - there are so many different kinds that they will be able to advise him what would work best for him. You will find an audiologist in the yellow pages or your nearest ENT specialists rooms will be able to tell you where to find them.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.