Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Mar 2004
My mother is 70 years old and has high blood pressure and heart problem. She's getting her treatment at provincial hospital every month. Per day she is expected to drink only one tablet. But my concern is that recently she's been having a problem with her heart beat during the day or at night with no apparent reason, and she scared to drink more than one tablet. What could be the course? Can I take her to a private doctor, or will there be a conflict of medication?What can she use for the time being whilst waiting for her next appointment date at hospital.
Ntso, the easiest would be to take your mother to a private doctor so that he can adjust her medication if it needs to. The doctor at the hospital can then just continue the treatment if it works well. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Blood type A may increase Covid-19 risk, study finds
- Four Covid-related skin complaints everyone should look out for
- Best evidence on Covid-19 vaccines, immunity and whether the virus will become endemic or seasonal
- Seven tips for choosing healthier drinks, and avoiding that hangover
- Ivermectin doesn't speed recovery in people with mild Covid-19, new study finds
- Police minister to 'seek clarity' on claims News24 journalist 'bugged'
- Ralph Mathekga | Mkhwebane inquiry: Where does the loyalty of the ANC caucus lie?
- North West intervention: 'Let's not mention names' - committee chair tells MPs
- Brian Molefe: I have no regrets that I knew the Guptas
- Reprimand or worse? What could happen if Mogoeng fails to retract 'brazenly defiant' Israel comments
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19471 votes