Ask an expert

05 Mar 2004

My mother is 70 years old and has high blood pressure and heart problem. She's getting her treatment at provincial hospital every month. Per day she is expected to drink only one tablet. But my concern is that recently she's been having a problem with her heart beat during the day or at night with no apparent reason, and she scared to drink more than one tablet. What could be the course? Can I take her to a private doctor, or will there be a conflict of medication?What can she use for the time being whilst waiting for her next appointment date at hospital.
Answer 297 views

01 Jan 0001

Ntso, the easiest would be to take your mother to a private doctor so that he can adjust her medication if it needs to. The doctor at the hospital can then just continue the treatment if it works well. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.