Ask an expert

08 Aug 2008

Help needed with potential STD.
Hi Doc,

About 4 months ago I noticed that after any sexual activity, little red dots forms on the head of my penis and itches. I went to see my GP about this and he said that it’ s a normal reaction (which I highly doubt) and gave me a cream for it. After the cream is applied, it goes away yes, but appears again after sex or even masturbation. Would you recommend that I see a Urologist instead as I need to get rid of whatever STD this is.

If you think so, is there any database where I can find local Urologists in my area? I’ m new to my area and do not even have a local GP anymore.

Thanks for your time.
Answer 370 views

01 Jan 0001


Thank you for visiting

It is possible that you have Candida of your foreskin. I recommend that you use Apor cream, twice daily, for at least 10 days. I also suggest that you and your partner take a capsule of Diflucan 150mg immediately.

Please advise if the above treatment worked.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9378 votes
67% - 19423 votes