Ask an expert

21 Jul 2006

High Platelets

I was diagnosed with a high platelete disorder a few years back, and I was wondering if there is any other treatment for it other than Agrylin? Is there no cure? or no known medication used to fix the problem? Like homeopathic medications? Any advise?
Answer 374 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear High platelets
If you have Thrombocytosis there are quite a few options available: read more on
I would not go for homeopathic medication in this disease. It is something that can be managed and that may not reduce your life expectancy if well treated.
A Hematologist will be the right specialist to be with.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19307 votes