Ask an expert

12 Feb 2004

Hi Doc,

About a month ago i found out i was HIV positive,as u can imagine my life has been turned outside down,im really having trouble dealing with it.could u give me a telephone no. where i can find out where a nearest support group is.or doctors that deal mostly with hiv+ patients if there are such.please help i need these numbers,i am seeing a psychologist.or if any1 reading this is hiv+ please help reply to wud b nice 2 talk 2 some who is also hiv+
Answer 332 views

01 Jan 0001

Grace, your psychologist and GP will have the contact numbers of people in your area that work with HIV positive people. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.