Ask an expert

14 Dec 2004

how dangerous is the operation of putuitary glands in order to have a baby due to excess or the enlargment of the same
I have a daughter who wants to have a baby and this came up when she had a blood test. She is married. (one year) She is 29 years old. Did not have periods for two months. She has a slightly enlarged pituitary gland which is a bother now for all of us.
Need help in getting a good doctor. She is in Australia, Sydney. She is also a young doctor.
Answer 399 views

01 Jan 0001

Sujatha, a slightly enlarged pituitary gland doesn’t need surgery, but if it does the best would be to see a neurosurgeon (no idea where they are in Sydney, but there will probably be more than one). Being a doctor your doctor will be able to find the best one, so don’t worry. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.