Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Dec 2002
I've been on Ziak since September 1999 and my bp has been controlled. On 7/12, I had my bp checked and it was 112/78 (I have lost about 4 kg since 7/11, have had no salt, no sugar, no sauces, no biscuits, coke, juice, fruit and little cravings from 7/11 to date). I do plan to visit my doctor before 23/12, but was curious about the drop in bp. I still take the Ziak.
Nikiwe, it’s normal for blood pressure to go up and down even in people that don’t take blood pressure medication. A blood pressure of 112/78 is nothing to worry about and certainly no reason to stop taking your medicines. If it keeps on going lower or you start experiencing symptoms like dizziness and tiredness, you can think about lowering your dosage. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Covid-19: New study to probe whether vaccinated people can still spread the virus
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
- Did Tokyo Sexwale fall for a global conspiracy theory?
- Ralph Mathekga | Madikizela qualification scandal: Rather don't lie
- Hlophe will interview potential Western Cape judges despite gross misconduct finding - JSC
- Patty politics: How RocoMamas' tiff with a small business over a name could backfire
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20001 votes