Ask an expert

21 Aug 2007

I am a male experiencing a burning bum
Do I need to see a doctor for a burning bum?
Answer 473 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Gary
Feel if you can feel a soft bump at the anus - if so it could be a hemorroid - try anusol/ scheriproct ointment.
If you have pain during going to the loo - could be a tear - take stool softener like Lactulose and anusol ointment on the area.
If the skin is red and irritated around the anal opening - try washing with dove soap and water, drying with soft washcloth or cotton wool, avoid abrasive toilet paper and put Fissan paste on the area for a week or so after every stool
If this does not help - you need to see your doctor.

Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.