Ask an expert

21 Apr 2006

hi doc. i think that i suffer from IBS. firstly i am a vegetarian. my stomach bloates up really badly certain days. it does not pain just sometimes constipated and other times have a runny tummy. but the swelling is the worst. it feels like an air bubble in my tummy. is it IBS? what are the treatments or medication i can take? PLEASE HELP ME......
Answer 1,073 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Stomach
I will differ from patient to patient. I would advise you to see a gastro-enterologist to exclude other treatable reasons for your symptoms, and if IBS confirmed, you must see a dietician to give you some guidelines. Homeopathic or naturalistic medications work well for IBS.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20295 votes