Ask an expert

07 Nov 2006

Infant diagnosed with Rhabtoid Tumor
Good Afternoon

Please provide any treament advice or institution offering treatment for the Rhabdoid Tumors. A family member's infant child has been diagnosed with this and is seeking information that could lead to the successful treatment of this disease.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Answer 399 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Yvette
This child should be seen by a children's oncologist - best to contact the big academic hospitals like Red cross ( prof Hartley), or Johannesburg General or Pretoria Academic ( prof Mariana Kruger) as it is a very specialized field of treatment.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20008 votes