Ask an expert

06 Apr 2006

Infection? Allergic Reaction?
Good morning Cyberdoc,

I am 24 yrs old, and not sexually active. Since last night, I have a rash around the opening of my vagina, and it is incredibly itchy and uncomfortable. I have applied Bactroban to the area - was I correct in doing this? As far as I know, thrush is accompanied by a thick white discharge, but I have no discharge at all. Could I be having an allergic reaction to something? I have also started drinking more fluids this past week, meaning I am urinating more frequently - could this be irritating the area? I am quite prone to "geographical tongue", and this seemed to be flaring up again last night. Could these be related at all? Am I perhaps lacking something in my diet?
Answer 358 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Angie
You could have a candida infection - the candida fungus grows normally on our skins and it may have flared up because your system is run down at the moment. Get yourself some Canesten cream to use ( the generic one is cheaper) and take Viral choice C for a week or so?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19971 votes