Ask an expert

22 Jan 2013

Inflammation under the eye
Please help me. I have developed a ''bubble'' under my eye almost on my cheekbone. My cheekbone also becomes swollen and slightly decreases and then becomes swollen etc. throughout the day. Is this inflammation or is this sinus-related? It''s causing me distress and discomfort and is unsightly. Would myprodol help or what could I apply to this area? I''ve had this for about 4 months.
Answer 259 views

01 Jan 0001


This is a chronic swelling of the soft tissue below the eye and it is more likely to be a cyst. It is too long to be just due to inflammation and I doubt that Myprodol will make a difference. Rather consult your doctor for an examination.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
30% - 9643 votes
70% - 22635 votes