Ask an expert

23 Mar 2007

injection for birth control
dear doc
can you please tell me about the injection a girl can go to for birth control?i heard it is every three months and doesnt cost much.can you please tell me how it works,how effective,where i can get the injection,and how long after the first injection can me and my fiancee start having sex without him using a condom? and if we plan a family one day, for how long must i not get the injection?
have a splendid weekend
Answer 442 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear @>->-
You can get this at any contraceptive municipal clinic or GP - called Depo Provera, it is very effective and forms a "plug" in the mouth of the womb and makes the womb unfavourable for the inplantation of a fertilized egg. You should wait for at least 2 weeks before having unprotected sex and it can take up to 1 year to get fertile again after stopping it.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.