Ask an expert

20 Feb 2004

are there a specific dr that you can consult that could help or specialises in lipodystrophy and are there physiotherapists who would do the same?
Answer 427 views

01 Jan 0001

John, the best person to ask for someone in your area would be your GP - usually it’s a specialist physician or gastroenterologist depending on where the predominant symptoms are. If you live in or around Pretoria, I might be able to help with a referral. Physiotherapy might help alleviate the joint pain and stiffness, but they can’t do anything for the disease. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.