Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Feb 2004
Iron deficiency and Hair loss?
I have been losing hair at an amazing rate during the last month. When I went to donate blood, my "drop" did not "sink" and they sent blood away for testing for possible anaemia. Could the hair loss be connected? I also bruise very easily, my thighs are full of bruises that I can't even explain. If I have an iron deficiency, are supplements the only answer, or can I replenish my levels with diet changes? Can I carry on exercising?
Baldie, it might definitely be due to the iron deficiency. What you do about it all depends on how severe it is. Your doctor will be able to help you with it as soon as he has the results of your test. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Multiple studies find unique risks of heart disease and stroke for women
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Covid: A distorted sense of smell is dangerous but treatable
- Prof Shabir Madhi 'mortified' at decision on AstraZeneca vaccine, says it might expire
- Glencore 'used relationship' with Ramaphosa to 'extort' Eskom, former CEO Brian Molefe claims
- Mkhwebane's fate in the hands of the ANC
- EXPLAINER | What is the Land Court Bill about?
- OPINION | Is Discovery sincere in its push for 'social solidarity'?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9365 votes
67% - 19364 votes