Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
31 Jan 2004
is this low bood sugar.
I am a 37 year old female, 1.67m tall and weigh 51kgs. Often I feel light headed/dizzy, start feeling panicky and confused and experience slight tremors; which is only alleviated if I have something with a high sugar content. I eat all 3 meals and am not on any diet. I have had a blackout previously when experiencing the same symptons but could not get to sugar water or orange juice fast enough. Do I possibly have low blood sugar and what can be done to stop this? As a primary school teacher I am afraid that I may blackout infront of my class.
Lynda, it sounds like you might have low blood sugar, but I can’t guarantee it from this side of the screen. The best would be to see your doctor and make sure it isn’t due to something else. If it is low blood sugar, you can e-mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll send you something I wrote on the subject. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca Covid vaccines increases mild side effects, early results show
- Questions about stability of Covid-19 platform on Day 1 of second phase vaccinations
- EXPLAINER | 5 things you need to know about phase two vaccinations
- THE ESKOM FILES | Coming home to roost: How big business helped fund Eskom exec’s chicken farm
- Karyn Maughan | After demanding his trial start, will Zuma finally plead to the case against him?
- Tributes pour in for Durban Metro officer who died while diving
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20322 votes