Ask an expert

18 Feb 2004

Good day
I have an itching rash between my legs. It's now about 3 years. It's not really around my genitals, but more on the inside of my legs. The infected skin is red and looks dry. What could I use to take the rash away and stop the itching?
Answer 246 views

01 Jan 0001

James, it sounds like it might just be a superficial fungal infection. You can try an antifungal cream like Lamisil® and if that doesn’t help with 1-2 weeks, the best would be to get something stronger like Travocort®. If it still doesn’t want to go away the best would be to see a dermatologist. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19432 votes