Ask an expert

31 May 2011

Itchy all over

I am a 30 yr old female and my health has been good so far. Three weeks ago I developed a rash on the folds of my skin. The dr said it was most likely a yeast infection. I have been using a prescribed ointment for the affected areas. The areas have dried but started itching all over again. Besides those areas i am itching on my legs, knee caps, behind knees,arms, chest, finger webs, private part...its driving me insane. Theres no rash on most of these parts apart from my arms by the wrist which has a few scattered pimples ( and the dry rash in the folds that was treated for the yeast infection). The hands itch more when in contact with water. I really dont know whats going and I just feel really so unfortable. What could it be?

Answer 423 views

01 Jan 0001


In a case where you experience a general pruritis, you should consult a dermatologist for an examination, as well as possible blood tests, in order to determine the exact cause. It is difficult to comment without seeing/examining you. I therefore, strongly suggest that you consult a dermatologist.

In the interim, you can try Celestamine or Aterax tablets to alleviate the itching. Unfortunately, these drugs are prescription drugs and you will have to consult your doctor.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.