Ask an expert

23 Feb 2004

Kidney problems

I am a 20 year old female with continous kidney and bladder infections... these days the infection just goes straight to my kidneys. i have had blood in my urine for over a year and my doctor sent me to a urologist. He did a scope on my bladder and told me i had chronic cystitis he put me on an antibiotic which i had to take for 50 days .. 3 days after the last one i got the kidney infection i now have. I went back to see him this morning and he says judging by the pain in my back it is not my kidneys.. The pain is in my lower back basically between my hips and then all the way up to my ribs, I cant lie flat because that makes my back feel like it is on fire.

I also used to swell continuously for apparently no reason.. my feet hands elbows knees everything u can think of would swell , they gave me coretesone for this i eventually got tired of them pumping coretsone into me every 2 months and stopped taking it.

I have also recently started to shake.. mostly my hands.
and im continously cold!

Please can u help me as my doctor and urologist cant seem too!
Answer 515 views

01 Jan 0001

Sara, before I try to guess anything, first tell me what the result of the urine test and ultrasound were. Please post your reply as a new question to ensure that I get it. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19907 votes