Ask an expert

09 Nov 2006

Hi Doc
My knee hurts and I have no clue how it got this way. And its getting worse?
Should I be concerned and let a GP check on it?
Answer 275 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Rade
If the knee is red, swollen, hot or the joint clicks or get "stuck" at times - YES you have to see the doctor. If you can't see anything you could try using anti-inflammatories like Neurofen, bind it with crepe bandage to support it and see if it gets better over the next 5 days .
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.