Ask an expert

26 Nov 2004

Large Heart
Yesterday my husband broke a rib. The GP who saw to him in the emergency room asked after seeing the x-rays if my husband had a heart problem to which we replied no. She said my husband has a large heart (she said about 1cm larger). Is this an indication that there is a problem? Should we see a cardiologist? If so should I take the x-rays with? Am I been paranoid (his dad died of a heart attack at 43).
Answer 355 views

01 Jan 0001

Lee, the safest would be to take the x-rays and see a cardiologist, but I 1cm enlargement is really nothing to get excited about. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19313 votes