Ask an expert

15 Apr 2006

Libido killer
Dear Cyberdoc.

Short and sweet.
Is there any drugs on the market that can lower a mans libido.
I am 32 y.o. and my wife is 29. Since our daughters birth 19 months ago she seems to be "smaller" ie. bumping against the uterus. Now imagine the pain and psycologic emotions my wife has to go through. This causes a lot of problems on both sides. She wants to but it is sore, I want to but cant stand to see her experiencing the pain....
Do you know of anything that can lower my sexual appetite?

Eugene Marais
Answer 410 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Eugene,
Not really unless you ask an urologist to prescribe an anti-androgen. I think your wife must see a gyne and sort out the problem of the uterus that is now lying too low - she may need an operation to fix it. Some women get damage of the pelvic floor during birth. In the mean time - I would suggest that you try alternative forms of sexual stimulation with out penetration - talk to the sexologist on the health 24 website for ideas.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9360 votes
67% - 19294 votes