Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Feb 2004
Little red lumps?
Occasionally I get little red spots on my hands & arms-not many, just 2 or three. They are sometimes itchy, sometimes not. My mother says it might be dermatitis of some sort-I thought they were flea bites cause I have a kitten & he is too young to use flea products on just yet. What could these little spots be and how can I treat them? I also get white spots under my skin. when I tan or get sunburned thousands of timy white spots appear-what the heck are they? My mom says it runs in the family...
Annoyed, your mom has a better chance at guessing what it is than me because she can at least have a look at it. What I’m trying to say is that it is very difficult to make a diagnosis without being able to see it. It might be flea bites or a form of eczema and the white spots a superficial fungal infection, but I have no way of being sure. The best would be to see your doctor and have him sort it out for you. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- What the latest findings on the 501Y.V2 Covid variant mean for the development of vaccines
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- FACT CHECK | eNCA's Lindsay Dentlinger: We analysed the video that caused racist outcry - and 24 other interviews
- Coronavirus will be with us for some time, Ramaphosa tells traditional leaders
- SAA like trying to unscramble an egg, Denel basically looted, Parliament hears
- Why Bheki Cele believes criminals' rights versus those of their victims must be revisited
- Battle of the 'two chiefs': What we know about the allegations against Eskom's De Ruyter
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19401 votes