Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Feb 2004
Low Blood sugar levels?
I've been feeling "off" lately. I get that "butterflies in my stomach" feeling quite often. It also feels as if the blood drains from my head. I don't faint, but I just feel funny. I don't feel like doing much. This comes and goes. I'll feel this way now, and in an hour's time I'll be spring cleaning. Can this be due to low blood sugar levels? I was bitten by a tick about two weeks ago, and was given medication as it turned red with a black spot in the centre. Could this still be due to the tick bite? Do you think I must go back to my doctor?
Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.
Gogga, it sounds like it might be due to the tick bite, but then it should clear up within the next week or so. If it doesn’t, the best would be to see your doctor and make sure it is not due to anything else. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid variants have changed the game - vaccines won't be enough. We need global ‘maximum suppression’
- A third of Covid survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders, a new study finds
- Are people who had Covid-19 more likely to develop blood clots? Study finds out
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- Unwanted weight gain or weight loss during the pandemic? Blame your stress hormones
- Karyn Maughan | Hlophe found guilty of impeachable misconduct, does not guarantee his removal
- Ramaphosa under pressure to account for alleged role in Eskom’s troubles
- Hawks close in on Mahlobo over parallel spy structure
- Alleged irregularities in Unisa’s R3 million accommodation deal probed
- 'Hit list' worries ANC in Eastern Cape
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9422 votes
68% - 19861 votes