Ask an expert

05 Aug 2007

Lump beneath "borsbeen" - to GP?
Dear Cyberdoc

I have a lump just beneath my "borsbeen", and would like to know if I should go see my GP. It's hard like a bone, but sore when I press on it. I discovered it yesterday and examined it from all sides, today it's more painful. (only when touched) It feels roundish. It's it just possible that it's just a piece of my ribcage? I had no hard blows to my chest area recently. Should I go see my GP or will he think I'm exagerating? It feels bigger when I'm lying down, about as big as a new 50c. What could it be?
Answer 402 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Worried
It probably is part of the ribcage, you may have a bit of cartilage inflammation at that point. Put some Voltaren gel on but if it does not improve in a few days or gets bigger - rather see your GP.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9363 votes
67% - 19336 votes