Ask an expert

05 Apr 2006

Lump in my Index Finger
I have a lump in the top of my left index finger which is hard and swollen. It is painful after I use the finger such as after sport. I would like to know if I should see a hand specialist? If so, could I be provided with contact details for a hand specialist in the Gauteng Region.
Answer 422 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Jo
Excellent doctor is Theo le Roux at Pretoria East hospital. You may have a ganglion or a growth in the synovium of the finger.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.