Ask an expert

05 Dec 2005

Lump Under my arm
Hi I woke up this morninf with a lump under my right arm. I think it is just a swollen gland, but should I be worried at all?
Answer 404 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear amy,
IF it is painful and red, it normally is an infected sweat gland and you can treat it by putting on an antibiotic ointment like Bactroban. If it is just a lump, rubbery, not red, not moving about easily, you should let your GP have a look.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9360 votes
67% - 19294 votes