Ask an expert

17 Jul 2008

Hi there
About a month back I got a darkish mark on the head of my penis.

i went to two docs and they both said it looks like a bruise. i spoke to one about std' s and he said he doesnt thin I have one.

I have also seen a urologist

I means its been over a month and I have no sores or discharge or anything.

This mark is not sensitive to the touch but the area sometimes get an uncomfortable feeling.

If I have sexual contact the mark gets area gets sore and in general from day to day the marks size and colour changes.

Can you please give me some clue to fix this.

i also have pain in my testicals but the doc says its some other prob and he gave me tabs which dont seem to be working.

Answer 333 views

01 Jan 0001


Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you consult a dermatologist to have a biopsy of the area done. This way a histological diagnosis can be made and the correct treatment started.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19312 votes