Ask an expert

04 Jul 2010

Medical Records
Hi There

My mother went into hospital for a minor procedure but due to " the blade slipping"  it turned into a life threatening operation and it was touch and go for her, she is recovering at home now, but I would like to request the hospital file and medical records from the gyneocologist, is this possible? as still no one seems to know exactly what happened and the stories change as well as the treatment she received in a " private hospital"  was shocking, I would like to read through her records &  see everything that was recorded?
Answer 400 views

01 Jan 0001


You can consult a lawyer to get a subpoena, as the records are the legal property of the hospital and this is the only way that you will be able to go through the file.


Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19386 votes