Ask an expert

22 Nov 2004

Menieres Disease
My mother has been diagnosed with Menieres disease. (symptoms are extreme nausea, vertigo, fainting etc). I want to send her to a specialist for treatment, but who or which kind of specialist must we go to? An ENT? Is there a Menieres support group in PE and/or Jhb as it is having a severe impact on our lives as she was a very independent social person, but now cannot drive anymore and cannot be alone in case she has an attack.
Answer 507 views

01 Jan 0001

An, the best would be to first see an ENT specialist and have the diagnosis confirmed. He will be able to refer you if necessary and also tell you whether there is a support group in your area. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.