Ask an expert

18 Nov 2004

Metabolic Syndrome
My husband has been diagnosed with Metabolic Syndrome. Are there any medical centres that specialise in this condition where we could find out more about the symptoms that he is experiencing?
Answer 312 views

01 Jan 0001

Bev, metabolic syndrome is a combination of high blood pressure, obesity, increased cholesterol and diabetes or glucose intolerance. In other words it is actually a combination of 4 problems and the best people to help with this is a specialist physician and a dietician. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19971 votes