Ask an expert

23 Jul 2008

Misaligned jaw
Hi Doc,

I am booked to see a Maxillo Facial Surgeon on Thuesday as i was told by my ENT that i have a misaligned jaw that causing me to have a re=accuring ear infection.

My question is what can i expect when i will see him and what will be the solution on fixing my misaligned jaw.

(the ENT said that instead of my jaw going into and out of the jaw ' soket'  when opening and closing my jaw it is rubbing aginst my bone by my ear)
Answer 324 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear RT
They usually prescribe a special mouth piece that they make specifically for your teeth that one should wear to re-align the jaw, and may send you to a physiotherapist for special exercises of the face.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9361 votes
67% - 19296 votes