Ask an expert

20 Feb 2004

I broke up with my boyfriend a month ago because he changed into a different person and he chose drugs over me. He got into trouble at work because of the drugs and he has now stopped taking the stuff.(well, that is what i think). He blames me for getting him into at work (because I confided in someone that I thought I could trust) and she told the whole world about it and he got into trouble. But now he puts the entire blame on me. He said that he wants to work things out but he does not see it possible. I know that we both need some time apart so we can let go of the hurt and anger that we have for each other. Because I know that we will kill each other if we got back together now. But how long should the two of us wait beofre we can start over? What if we are away from each other for so long that we just don't wann be together anymore? What if the hurt never goes away? I really love this guy and I know that he loves me too. But how can we overcome this problem? I thought of counselling but I know that he won't go for it because he says that we are just engaged and not even married. I don't know what to do. The pain is getting easier but I am missing him so much and that is what is killing me. I don;t see him and I don't hear from him, so I don't know what to do. I know he is hurt and he is having problems at work because of this drug story and it is gonna take a long time before things at work will settle down. So he is reminded of this everyday. And because of this, our relationship is suffering. I am depressed and I just want him back. What do you advise?
Answer 400 views

01 Jan 0001

n@s, this is more CyberShrink’s field of expertise. I feel that it isn’t your fault he took the drugs after all. He is being childish by not wanting to take responsibility for what he did and blaming everything on you. Like I said, this is CyberShrink’s domain and the best would be to drop him a line. The other thing you should do is to get rid of your so-called friend. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.