Ask an expert

04 Feb 2004

Need info on depression centres
My Mother has severe depression has been suicidal etc
She is currently being treated as an out patient with medication and no counciling as her medical aid doesn't cover
private care. I personally feel that this isn't enough. But it's a start!!! I would like to know if there are places(Residential) where people with a history of bad depresssion could reside on a semi-permanent basis, like a home away for home where help is on hand if she needed aswell as company to talk to. We have all tried to help her by living with us, but she isn't easy to live with. PS She is currently going through a divorce aswell.
We all love her very much and would like to see her get well again.

Please could you direct me to whom or where I must contact.
Thank you
Answer 327 views

01 Jan 0001

Carol, the best person to ask about a place in your area, would be her psychiatrist. I don’t know of any such institutions, but he might. You can also drop CyberShrink a line and find out what he has to say. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.