Ask an expert

05 Jul 2005

New Repair ?
I red about a new method of repairing a hernia and would like to know if there is any one who could perform this kind of repair in South Africa.

It involves a wafer-thin, lightweight mesh that is placed over and beyond the weakened area. This mesh then becomes incorporated within the muscle and surrounding tissue.

If you know of someone that can perform this kind of repair, I would greatly appreciate it if you could put me into contact with him/her.
Answer 375 views

01 Jan 0001

Gerda, it has been available for quite some time now and is routinely used by most general surgeons in SA. You can ask your GP to refer you to a general surgeon in your area – they should be able to help you. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19907 votes