Ask an expert

06 Apr 2006

Nut missing
One of my testicles diminished during my teen years(about 13 then) I am 38 now and have two kids. I never consulted about the issue. Should I worry?
Answer 373 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Ndera
I think you should just ask an urologist or your GP to do a sonar and see whether it just wasted away or if it pulled up into the inguinal canal. If it pulled up, it can put you at higher risk for testicular cancer but if it just wasted away due to an infection or injury - you don't have to worry.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19306 votes