Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
21 Dec 2004
Pain behind ear
THe last couple of weeks I have experience a pain behind my ear I would say where my hairline starts. It is a sharp pain that last only for seconds and stops. What could it be??
Rika, it is difficult to say what it is without being able to examine you. It might be inflammation of the muscle behind the ear or a swollen lymph gland, but it might also be due to something more serious like an infection of the mastoid sinus behind your ear. The best would be to see your doctor if it hasn’t cleared up by the time you receive this. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Five a day: Two fruits and three vegetables daily linked to greater life expectancy
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Immune response in some Covid-19 patients different to those in other respiratory viruses - study
- Local govt elections: IEC to meet with political parties 'sometime this month'
- Crime Intelligence: Night of the long knives sees Peter Jacobs fall
- No 'concrete' evidence judges were bribed to favour Zuma, Dlodlo tells Parliament
- Local Covid-19 discovery may lead to better global vaccine development
- Why healthcare staff working in clinics are being turned away from vaccination sites in Eastern Cape
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19387 votes