Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Jul 2005
Pain in back from Pleurisy
I was diagnosed with pleurisy a week and a half ago and have gone tru 2 antibiotics and strong pain killers. The pain has now gone to my back and it is very painful when I breathe. I went back to the doc and she said there is nothing else she can do. Is this true ? As I am still in a lot of pain - like knives stabbing me when I breathe and difficult to sleep. The whole thing started with an infection of the ovaries and spread. Could it be anything else ? Please help as I feel like a cripple. Thanks
Sick girl, it might of course be due to something else and if it hasn’t cleared up by the time you receive this you should get a second opinion. Have you tried combining a long acting anti-inflammatory like Coxflam® with the pain killers? Let me know as a new question and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- What the latest findings on the 501Y.V2 Covid variant mean for the development of vaccines
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the Western Cape Judge President has faced 10 major scandals in his term, without any sanction
- REFLECTION | Covid-19: How the basic education dept weathered the Covid-19 storm
- Prof Karim reflects on a year of Covid-19: 'We were sailing a ship while building it'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19404 votes