Ask an expert

01 Aug 2008

Pain in chest
Hi, I am a 25-year old female. I have had a pain in my chest for about a year now. It' s always on my left side more or less in area where my breast is.. Its sometimes sharp, sometimes dull, sometimes radiating down on my left side like it' s going into my ribs... The only heart disease in my family was my mom' s dad. He got a lot of heart attacks before he passed away. I went to a doc a few times, but got discouraged when he kept saying I have anxiety and wanted to put me on Prozac.. I am not depressed and happy, so I don' t feel like going that route... It is a real physical pain I am feeling that comes out of the blue. Must I just accept it as part of my life now?
Answer 377 views

01 Jan 0001


Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you make an appointment with a cardiologist, to rule ischemic heart disease. You should also have a chest x-ray, a mammogram and an ultrasound of your breast done, to exclude any underlying causes.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.