Ask an expert

03 Apr 2006

Pain in rib cage - fibrositis?
Hi, I have a recurring pain in my left rib cage, my GP says it's fibrositis. Is that correct? What causes fibrositis? How can I reduce the pain without using anti inflamatories or pain killers?
Answer 1,955 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Jasmine
Fibrositis is inflammation of the soft tissue ( muscle etc ). It can happen due to injury. You can use Arnica ( homeopathic) pills or cream and physiotherapy treatments in stead of anti-inflammatories and pain killers
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.