Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Nov 2005
Painfull lump in throat
I have this lump in my throat and it feels simmular to when you are sad then you feel like there is a lump in your throat. I also have difficulty in swallowing my food. It is normaly more sore during the evening than it is in the morning. I went for tests for my thyroid gland but everything came back normal. Can you please tell me what is wrong with me?
Jenna, it might be due to swollen lymph glands, salivary glands, a cyst, etc. or it might just feel like there is something but there isn’t. The best would be to see a general surgeon and have it sorted out. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- PODCAST | HIV unmuted: Aids and the elusive vaccine
- Finding an HIV vaccine: Five lessons from the search for a Covid-19 jab
- Covid-19: Talk of harder lockdown in Gauteng is premature - expert
- ‘Bully’ Dali Mpofu using false racism claims to play victim, top advocate says as fight escalates
- 2 alleged serial killers make appearances in Western Cape courts
- NHI should be funded with taxes from 'all employed South Africans', HPCSA tells Parliament
- REVIEW | Mamphela Ramphele critiques Johan Fourie's 'A Long Walk to Economic Freedom'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9477 votes
68% - 20349 votes