Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Nov 2004
paresthesia / numbness / tingling
re the above and my first message - the first doctor i saw was a cardiologist who performed 2 ecgs and a scan and said everything was okay. i have also seen a neurologist who did 2 mri's, nerve conduction tests, left chest xrays, etc - the only thing he picked up is that i have slight carpal tunnel syndrome in my left hand?? i have not yet seen a rheumatologist - neither my doctor or specialist recommended one but I thought I would go early next year if this continues. Currently I am taking moducare and numerous other vitamins to try and see if I can shake these symptoms.
Annette, the next step would be to rule out connective tissue diseases (of which RA is one) by seeing a rheumatologist as the neurologist will also have ruled out neurological disorders like MS. In the meantime you can try taking a long-acting anti-inflammatory like Brexecam® or Celebrex® and see what happens. If it works, you at least know that inflammation is a central part of the problem and this will help focus the search. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- WATCH | Police continue work to piece together Anele Tembe's final moments
- Zuma faces R25m legal bill after SCA blocks State funding his corruption trial costs
- Markus Jooste's son-in-law involved in R35 million suit against historic wine farm
- Judge Davis: Moyane has much to answer about the degradation of SARS
- Going electric? Infrastructure and technology hurdles must be overcome first - Toyota SA boss
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19933 votes