Ask an expert

17 Nov 2004

paresthesia / numbness / tingling
re the above and my first message - the first doctor i saw was a cardiologist who performed 2 ecgs and a scan and said everything was okay. i have also seen a neurologist who did 2 mri's, nerve conduction tests, left chest xrays, etc - the only thing he picked up is that i have slight carpal tunnel syndrome in my left hand?? i have not yet seen a rheumatologist - neither my doctor or specialist recommended one but I thought I would go early next year if this continues. Currently I am taking moducare and numerous other vitamins to try and see if I can shake these symptoms.
Answer 472 views

01 Jan 0001

Annette, the next step would be to rule out connective tissue diseases (of which RA is one) by seeing a rheumatologist as the neurologist will also have ruled out neurological disorders like MS. In the meantime you can try taking a long-acting anti-inflammatory like Brexecam® or Celebrex® and see what happens. If it works, you at least know that inflammation is a central part of the problem and this will help focus the search. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19933 votes