Ask an expert

07 Aug 2008

Paternity Test
Hi CyberDoc!

I need some info please.

What is the procedure to get a paternity test? Do I have to have it arranged through a doctor or can I go straight to a pathoglist such as pathcare? I ask because i know that they don' t give results directly to patients in with most tests.

Also, what is the most accurate test - We don' t want a test that will give us a maybe answer, we want a test that is a true yes or no.

Please advise
Answer 331 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Cp
You probably can go directly to the lab but most labs would want a form completed by a doctor. You can phone
+27 11 358-0840 / +27 11 358-0745 @ Lancet labs to hear exactly what they would need to have. The best test would be the PATERNITY TESTING TRIO (Child, Mother, Alleged Father) 15 STR LOCI
Read more about this at,22431.asp
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19420 votes