Ask an expert

27 Jul 2005

Persistant stomach ache for months!
I have been suffering periodically with stomach ache. It's not a "burning" sensation, but a physical ache in the top of my stomach. This mostly occurs at night and wakes me up! It also deflects to my lower back and I feel like I can't move/roll-over in the bed. This has been going on for probably a year. There are no other symptoms. I have recently been to a physician and had an ultra-sound and gastroscopy. Nothing was detected and the blood tests were also clear. She has suggested that a CT scan is the only other investigative procedure that I might go for. What could this pick up that has so far remained "hidden" from the other tests? What do you think?
Answer 433 views

01 Jan 0001

TT, it will give a clearer picture of organs like your pancreas and gallbladder for instance. It would be a good idea if your medical aid is willing to pa for it. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.