Ask an expert

24 Feb 2004

plantarfaciitis 2 feet had physo,antiinflam.needling,2,5years
Pain in feet.Secialist diag.Plantar Ficiitis.Advised:Rest.Anti inflam.,Physio&dry needling,meridian balancing & diet(Currently trying) With no results. It has been over 2.5 years.I am 41 and male. Have had courtizone?? injections. Can it be something else eg arthritis. Please can you suggest a specialist to see. I have seen a recomended person on a few occasions to no avail. I have uric acid.
Thank you and regards
Answer 418 views

01 Jan 0001

KB, if the cortisone had no effect, the diagnosis of plantar fasciitis needs to be revised. It might be due to arthritis of the foot bones, but I can’t say for sure without being able to examine you first. The best would be to see an orthopaedic surgeon with a special interest in feet. If you live in or around Pretoria I can refer you, but otherwise you will have to ask your GP. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.