Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
24 Feb 2004
plantarfaciitis 2 feet had physo,antiinflam.needling,2,5years
Pain in feet.Secialist diag.Plantar Ficiitis.Advised:Rest.Anti inflam.,Physio&dry needling,meridian balancing & diet(Currently trying) With no results. It has been over 2.5 years.I am 41 and male. Have had courtizone?? injections. Can it be something else eg arthritis. Please can you suggest a specialist to see. I have seen a recomended person on a few occasions to no avail. I have uric acid.
Thank you and regards
Thank you and regards
KB, if the cortisone had no effect, the diagnosis of plantar fasciitis needs to be revised. It might be due to arthritis of the foot bones, but I can’t say for sure without being able to examine you first. The best would be to see an orthopaedic surgeon with a special interest in feet. If you live in or around Pretoria I can refer you, but otherwise you will have to ask your GP. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
- INTERVIEW | New interim SAA CEO wants to make the airline something SA can 'be proud of'
- DearSA gears up for legal tussle with Dlamini-Zuma over compensation scheme
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19986 votes