Ask an expert

15 Jul 2005

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>Please Help!!!!!!

I have a massive problem. Since the age of 16 I have these big pimples on my butt!!! It goes away once it explodes, but the marks stay. I am a very clean person and dont sleep around, but still I feel very embarresed. I need to get these marks away!!! I have cysts on both my overies and in both my breasts, so I dont know if it can be hormones or something. I have had them for so long and now it seems to be spreading, also it can be because I only go to the loo (to do you now what) about once every three weeks. I have read that it can poisen you inside and the toxides just need a way out.

Please help me, I am tired of this.
Answer 333 views

01 Jan 0001

Blondie, it might be due to hormones, but the fact that you only pass stools is a much more serious problem. The best would be to see a specialist physician or a gastroenterologist about is. With a bit of luck the pimples will clear up.
FYI, boils or furuncles are usually caused by bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus. They occur most frequently on the buttocks, breasts, neck and face. They might occur more frequently on the buttocks because the bacterial load is higher there, but it's not a given. They are usually treated with antibiotics (first ointments and then pills).
Usually that is all that needs to be done, but if the ointments/pills don't work the first thing I would do is to send some of the puss away to try and determine the cause of the boils and what the most suitable antibiotic will be. If the boils return again, we will then know that they are new ones and not just the old ones coming back (as we know that we gave the correct antibiotics).
You can try to prevent them from returning by using chlorhexidine gluconate soap, but usually it's not necessary. We now also need to make sure that there is no problem with your immunity and that there is nothing else wrong with you. We can then start giving preventative antibiotics for up to 6 months. If that doesn’t help, we start all over again because we missed something somewhere. If you have already been through this process, you need to find a good dermatologist. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.