Ask an expert

04 Jul 2010

Please refer me to tablets and places except AA
Hi Doc

I have been drinking since 14Y and am fed up with it and what it does too me, currently im in a stressfull place in my life and drink more and more and tried to stop several times in my life, I did the AA test of 20 questions and answered to 12 of them - I am worried that it might ruin me and I want to change before its too late, my medical aid is depleted and I would like too take something for my anxiety while I stop drinking, I dont drink in the mornings only every afternoon from 6-7pm and weekends more than 3 units per day.

Please help me to get something for myself or is there something the doc can prescribe for me in this regard that doesnt cost a fortune for anxiety?

Im currently on lexamil and yaz.
Answer 317 views

01 Jan 0001


I suggest that you consult your doctor, in order for him/her to formulate a plan of management. It is not an easy process and your doctor should treat you, as well as your anxiety, step by step to achieve the ultimate goal.


Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.